Toddlers, Preschool, Prekindergarten and Kindergarten: Student Exploration Visit, Student Discovery Group
The Student Exploration Visit gives children applying to preschool, prekindergarten and kindergarten an opportunity to explore our Early Childhood Center, The Nido. Not only do students enjoy navigating the many areas of the Nido designed specifically for young children, but this visit also allows you to envision your child in the Hawken environment.
Please call our Lower School Admission Office at 440-423-2950 to schedule a Student Exploration Visit. (Please note that this visit is for applicants to preschool, prekindergarten and kindergarten. Applicants to the toddler program do not attend an Exploration Visit.)
The Student Discovery Group is an interactive and engaging step in your child’s application to the toddler program, preschool, prekindergarten or kindergarten. Along with a small group of peers, your child will spend an hour with Hawken faculty participating in meaningful activities. This will allow your child to experience the culture of a Hawken classroom while teachers are able to engage with and observe your child’s approach to learning. Discovery Group sessions are designed intentionally for the developmental age range of the applicant and are formatted slightly differently for each grade level from toddlers-kindergarten. Sessions for 2020-2021 applicants are:
- Thursday, January 16, 2020 (Preschool)
- Friday, January 17, 2020 (Toddler)
- Friday, January 24, 2020 (Toddler, Preschool, Prekindergarten and Kindergarten)
- Saturday, January 25, 2020 (Toddler, Preschool, Prekindergarten and Kindergarten)
Schedule your child's Discovery Group visit through your secure online Ravenna account.
Grades 1-4: Student Visit Day (optional)
Please call the Lower and Middle School Admission Office at 440-423-2950 to schedule a visit day for your child. Students have the opportunity to visit classes and experience Hawken for a half day. Parents of applicants have to option to take a campus tour and meet with the admission staff.
Grades 5-8: Student Visit Day
Please call the Admission Office at 440-423-2950 to schedule a visit day for your child. Students will visit classes and experience Hawken on this day. Parents of applicants have to option to take a campus tour and meet with the admission staff.
Grades 9-12: Visit Day & Interview
This required part of the application process enables prospective students to thoroughly experience Hawken’s learning community. Students applying to both the Upper School and the Mastery School will need to schedule visit days at both campuses. Visits fill up quickly, so please call 440-423-2955 in advance to schedule.
- At the Upper School, students will attend classes with one or more student hosts and complete an admission interview. After dropping their students off, parents are invited to take a campus tour and to meet with a member of the admission staff to ask questions.
- Visit days at the Mastery School will be held in a group format on October 14 and November 12 and include opportunities to engage with Hawken students and faculty through project work and discussions. Parents will have the opportunity to meet with a member of the Mastery School Design Team to ask questions.