Every parent or guardian of a Hawken student is automatically a member of the Parents’ Association. Parent input and participation is valued and encouraged; in fact, Hawken relies on parent support for many community programs.
To help support the school, we invite you to volunteer your time for an event or committee, or to participate in a fundraising endeavor. Parents are also invited to attend Parents’ Association meetings held throughout the year.
Volunteering connects new and current Hawken families and enhances the feeling of community among all constituencies.
- Selling for The Hawk’s Nest, Hawken’s school store
- Being a Class Parent
- Selling gift cards for Groceries for Hawken program
- Soliciting for the Annual Fund
- Helping at the Grandparent & Special Friends Days
- Aiding the Lyndhurst Librarian
- Volunteering in the Admissions Office
Parents can help raise funds for the School by participating in the following programs.
- Fall Family Fair
- Groceries for Hawken (Heinen’s and Giant Eagle gifts cards)
- Box Tops for Education
- The Hawk’s Nest – Hawken’s School Store
- Target’s “Take Charge of Education” Program
- Heinen’s ABC School Donation Program
- Giant Eagle “Apples for Students” Program