Parents

Hawken parents are critical to the life and the community of the School. The relationship between parents and the School is one of reciprocity: the School provides services and communications; in turn, the School often relies upon enthusiastic parents to volunteer their time and talents.

Included here are links and information that Hawken parents will find useful.

Parents' Association

Every parent or guardian of a Hawken student is automatically a member of the Parents’ Association. Parent input and participation is valued and encouraged; in fact, Hawken relies on parent support for many community programs.
 
To help support the school, we invite you to volunteer your time for an event or committee, or to participate in a fundraising endeavor. Parents are also invited to attend Parents’ Association meetings held throughout the year.
 
For more information email parents@hawken.edu or visit the Parents' Association facebook page.

Volunteering
Volunteering connects new and current Hawken families and enhances the feeling of community among all constituencies.
  • Selling for The Hawk’s Nest, Hawken’s school store
  • Being a Class Parent
  • Selling gift cards for Groceries for Hawken program
  • Soliciting for the Annual Fund
  • Helping at the Grandparent & Special Friends Days
  • Aiding the Lyndhurst Librarian
  • Volunteering in the Admissions Office
Fundraisers
Parents can help raise funds for the School by participating in the following programs.
  • Fall Family Fair
  • Groceries for Hawken (Heinen’s and Giant Eagle gifts cards)
  • Box Tops for Education
  • The Hawk’s Nest – Hawken’s School Store
  • Target’s “Take Charge of Education” Program
  • Heinen’s ABC School Donation Program
  • Giant Eagle “Apples for Students” Program

Financial Information

List of 11 items.

  • 2017-18 Tuition & Fees (PS-PK)

    Click here for Hawken's 2017-2018 Tuition & Fees for grades PS and PK.
  • 2017-18 Tuition & Fees (K-12)

    Click here for Hawken's 2017-2018 Tuition & Fees for grades K-12.
  • Tuition and Payment Plans

    For your convenience, Hawken School offers a variety of options for paying tuition and fees.

    For your convenience, Hawken School offers a variety of options for paying tuition and fees.

    One Payment:
     You may make one, up-front payment by August 15. With this option, families also have the option of purchasing or not purchasing tuition refund insurance.

    Two Payments: If you would like to spread your payments out, 60% of your student's tuition and fees will be billed on July 15 and is due August 15. An invoice for the remaining 40% of tuition and fees will be mailed to you December 15 and payment is due January 15.

    Monthly Payments: An alternative of making 10 monthly payments throughout the year is available through Tuition Management Systems. Click here for more information.

    Loan Option: Offering tuition payment plans since 2004, Your Tuition Solution has worked with families at over 1,200 schools nationwide. Details include low fixed-rate loans; flexible terms from 24-84 months; no application or origination fees; and no prepayment penalties. To apply, visit Your Tuition Solution and complete the secure online application.

    Questions?
    Contact Chuck Toth at 440-423-2072 or Donna Pacchioni at 440-423-2111.
  • Electronic Payments

    The online payment system requires families to enter a student ID. Please use the student billing ID found at the top of the tuition statement. Please click here to make an online tuition payment.
  • Enrollment Deposit Information

    In order to enroll your child at Hawken School, families must submit the Enrollment Agreement via the Electronic Forms System link in the “Enrollment for New Families” section of this page above. In addition, families should also submit the non-refundable tuition deposit amount indicated on the Enrollment Agreement. Deposits may be paid online by clicking here or by mailing a check to the Hawken Admission Office.
  • One-to-One Tablet Program for Grades 6-12

    Click here for information on purchasing a computer through Hawken's One-to-One Tablet Computer program.
  • Tuition Refund Insurance Plan

    Learn more about the Tuition Refund Insurance Plan.
  • IRS Form 4506-T

    Click here to access IRS Form 4506-T.
  • NAIS Family Guide to Financial Aid

    Click here to view the PDF.
  • NAIS Parent Financial Statement Workbook and Instruction Booklet

    Click here to view the PDF.
  • Hawken's Affordability Initiative

    Click here to view the PDF.

Hawken School | Lower & Middle Schools, 5000 Clubside Rd, Lyndhurst, OH 44124
Upper School, PO Box 8002 (12465 County Line Rd), Gates Mills, OH 44040
Gries Center, 10823 Magnolia Dr, Cleveland, OH 44106
440.423.4446