VARSITY FOOTBALL - HEAD COACH
THE POSITION: Hawken School is seeking an experienced and dynamic Head Football Coach for the 2018 season. In addition to coaching the varsity football team, responsibilities include the organization and management of the school's football program, oversight of the middle school and youth football programs, and organizing a football summer camp at Hawken. Candidates should be prepared and qualified to teach classes at the high school during the day.
QUALIFICATIONS: Strong leadership skills, positive, education-based approach, and deep understanding of the game are a must. Candidates must have a strong understanding of fitness and training regiments appropriate for high school athletes. Candidates should be dynamic, energetic, and motivated, and possess a willingness to commit the required time. Qualified applicants should be from a successful high school program with an emphasis on turning around a program. Specific aptitudes include:
- Ability to teach fundamental skills and team concepts of football
- Dynamic personality who will get the entire Hawken community involved in football
- Ability to interact with student athletes of different ages and football skill levels in a positive and professional manner
- Candidate should demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all Hawken staff are considered to be role models for Hawken students
- Motivate and mentor student-athletes
- Must promote school spirit
- Communicate with school administration and football families
- Plan, organize, and execute off-season, summer, and pre-season training and preparation programs
Recently celebrating its 100th anniversary, Hawken is one of the foremost academic PK-12 schools in the country, and it is vital the coach understands and fits into the existing culture.
HOW TO APPLY: Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume and references to Jim Doyle, Athletic Director, P.O. Box 8002, Gates Mills, OH 44040. Or via email: email@example.com.
Hawken School is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to promoting diversity in the workplace and strongly urges all qualified individuals to apply.